Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday Memories - Peanut Butter....or is it Baby Brother? (March 18, 2008)

When I was pregnant with Nash the kids always talked about their baby brother that was in my tummy. When Mallory would talk about him I always wondered why she would talk about peanut butter too until one day I realized she was really saying baby brother not peanut butter. We used to love it so much we would always make her say it and for some reason it never got old to us - it was always good for a laugh. All you had to say was, "Mallory, who is in Mom's tummy?" and she would say it every time. The funny thing was is she didn't think she was saying it wrong and probably wondered why we always thought it was so funny because we made her say it A LOT! Thanks to Mallory he wasn't even born and he already had his first nickname. I just love how little toddlers talk and say things. You just don't ever really want them to grow up and learn to say it the right way sometimes. This is a video of her saying it just about a week before Nash was born. Tell me what you think...does it sound like peanut butter or baby brother?



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It totally sounds like she is saying "peanut butter"! It's great that you got it on video. She will love to see that when she is older. She is so funny!

Shannon said...

That is the CUTEST thing EVER!! I'm so glad you caught it on video. She is going to laugh at that when you show it to her when she's older.

Shortcake and Company said...

How cute is she? It totally sounds like peanut butter. What a great way of getting a nickname!

Amy said...

How cute. It sounds like Peanut butter to me. That is a great nickname.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

That was a good memory! I am glad that you got that on video too! She is so funny.

angela said...

Hilarious!!!

Carrie Swenson said...

Mallory is so cute! I too love how she talks.