Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and just want to tell him how much I love him! He is truly the best husband and father ever!! He is such a great help to me always when I need it and he never complains. I do not know what I would do without him. He is an amazing father too and his kids love him very much. He loves spending time and plays with his kids every chance he gets with them and he never misses a night of reading them their bedtime stories and tucking them in at night. Thanks for being so great! I could say so much more about him but I won't. I know he loves his family unconditionally and is truly an AMAZING, wonderful guy!

This is a picture of him with his girls sporting his new ties that they made for him in Primary. He wore them to church today for Father's Day.

The kids got him the Star Wars movies on DVD. We had only the old ones on VHS and no longer have a VCR so he could not watch them. He said about a month ago that he thought he was failing as a father because his children had not yet seen Star Wars. So that is why we chose to get him this present. He was very excited and of course they have already started watching the movies with him. They love watching movies with their dad, they call it their buddy movies because they are all buddies. It's really cute to watch them all cuddle up with their dad and sit and watch movies no matter whether they are interested in it or not. Just as long as they are watching a movie with their dad that is all that it takes to make them happy.

Also, I just want to say how much I love my own father and look up to him very much! He is also an amazing guy and I don't know where I would be in life without my dad. He is definitely someone who I can go to for anything and trust his advice 100%. Thanks dad for putting up with me all these years and I know I can count on you for anything!

3 comments:

angela said...

Dad's are the best!!! We missed you guys yesterday...I love those ties and really happy that he wore them, i don't know if Rich would have actually worn them (he's a little vain, like me)!!

Tiesha said...

Those are awesome ties!! What a good dad to wear them!

Shannon said...

I am in love with the ties. That is such a great idea and I think I might have to start that tradition in our family (since our ward did NOTHNG for the fathers in the ward.) Brett is a great dad and I know your girls and Nash adore him.