Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimming Lessons

This week we had swim lessons for the kids. Whytli and Adelie were each in their own separate classes and it was Mallory's first year of lessons so we did a Mom & Me class. They all did really well and enjoyed going everyday. Their swim teacher is amazing and does a really good job at teaching them. They only go for 1 week and I am always amazed at what they learn in that week. They all really love the water and love to swim. Debbie their swim teacher takes their pictures of them under the water and gives them to us on the last day. They always are my favorite pictures so as soon as I scan them in I will post them.


Mallory was in her class with her cousin Gwyn and her mom Melissa. We had a good time with the kids!


Brett & his brother Colten did the class for us one day with the girls. They really loved having their dads do the class with them too.

Adelie didn't want to jump off the diving board for some reason but I made her anyway because she was doing it tons last year when we went swimming so it wasn't like it was something foreign to her. But I guess she just needed to get the hang of it again. She was happy she did it and wasn't afraid to do it again the rest of the days at lessons.

Adelie is a great swimmer. She has been doing lessons since she was 3 with Debbie (her teacher) and she can swim about 6-8 feet in the deep without anyone holding on. She loves the pool and practicing to swim.

Adelie took her class with her 2 cousins Kynli and Adriana. They have all been taking together since they were 3.

Whytli isn't afraid to jump off the diving board. She loves every minute of it.

She is a great swimmer too and has also been taking since she was 3. She can swim in the deep without a life jacket all by herself. She really likes to show off too when we go swimming.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Looks like your girls really enjoy swimming? I can't wait for our Swim lessons to start!

Tiesha said...

Fun! We have swim lesson too this week, but next year I want to sign up with her. I'll need to get her number from ya. Your hair cut is so cute!

Shannon said...

As much as I hated washing my hair every day, I did love the Mom and Me class. I think it's important for your kids to know how to swim. It looks like they had a great time.