Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Memories (January 2008)

We finished our basement in January. It was a forever long going project that Brett started in September. It was Brett's first time doing any of this and I must say he did a really good job. Because our house is a 4-level split the basement that we finished only was approximately 500 sq. ft. which had a bedroom, a playroom, and storage room. The kids were so anxious to have themselves a new playroom that they were willing to help with anything when asked. We also got new carpet in our entire house so we had to tear out the old carpet to put in the new. We are so happy to have the basement finally done and the kids really enjoy their new playroom!


The girls helping out by washing down the walls and baseboards before the carpet came. They were such good little helpers. I really appreciated them doing this and they had a good time doing it too.

They were having a good time playing on the carpet. They thought it was pretty neat to have no carpet all over the house. I sure did not, it isn't any fun having your whole house torn apart.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love the Aqua color of the walls!! So pretty! Isn't it so nice to have a place for all the kids to go and play!!

Tiesha said...

Looks cute! I want to come and see!

Jenni said...

I didn't realize you finished your basement last winter. You should post pictures of the finished result. I love how the girls got involved.

the lunch lady said...

I also love the color of the walls downstairs. I would love to see it IRL.

Shannon said...

It's never fun when you're in the process of a remodel, but when it's all done, it's so worth it. Your house looks great. I love it!