Sunday, June 1, 2008

"I didn't pway!"


Mallory really loves to be involved in saying the prayers in our house, meaning she has to have her arms folded and her eyes closed. If the blessing on the food or the family prayer has been said and she didn't do this she will freak out. She gets really upset and says, "I didn't pway." And she will not stop saying it until we all fold our arms and close our eyes again so she can be involved and we have to say it again. I cannot tell you how many times we have had to say double prayers because she was like every little toddler and not paying attention and wasn't prepared but as soon as she hears, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" she knows she has missed the prayer. Finally, we learned that when it is time to say a prayer we have to make sure that Mallory is ready before the prayer is said. Well, today was Fast Sunday at church and so people were bearing their testimonies. Every time someone was up there bearing their testimony and would end saying, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen" she would say, "I didn't pway!" I would try to explain to her that they weren't saying a prayer but she didn't understand. I guess for the first time I was a little grateful that she wasn't always paying attention to every testimony or we would have probably had a big problem and would have her freaking out wanting them to do it again so she could be happy. I have to admit, sometimes I have to peak and watch her folding her arms and closing her eyes during the prayer. She really keeps her eyes closed and arms folded during the whole thing too, no matter how long. She is just so dang cute doing it too and she seems like she is really concentrating and taking it all in.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

I got a good giggle from this post. She is so cute and such a little angel.

the lunch lady said...

how sweet! I wish I had been sitting in front of you so I could have heard her!

angela said...

That is funny!! Max has just started to say the prayers (with help) and its so dang sweet to hear, we make him say it every night!!!

Shannon said...

She's such a sweetie

Tim & Steph said...

What a cute story!! You have the cutest kids!

Tiesha said...

So cute! At least she wants to be involved!

Amy said...

Very cute story, I guess had I been paying attention, I would have heard her. It might have something to do with the heat in the building, my mind can't stay focused.