Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Adelie's Birthday

Today was Adelie's birthday and she turned 5. She has been waiting for this day for awhile. She had quite an eventful day. When I asked her tonight if she had a good birthday she said, "Yes, it was the best day ever!" I asked her what her favorite part about the day was and she said, "All of it was, mom!" She got to spend the whole day with her sisters and family and had a great time. She did ask me the other day when was she going to have her friend birthday party and I told her that she already had it a week ago with Adriana and she said, "But mom, that was when I was 4. When am I going to have my 5 year old birthday?" I told her that she had the party for her 5 year old birthday but she wasn't 5 yet.


Whytli, Mallory and Nash got her dress ups.

Brett and I got her a picnic table w/umbrella for 8 kids and monkey dome climber for the backyard.

Brett making her pancakes. They are her favorite and she loves her dad to make them.

Adelie trying out some of her new "rock star" dress ups.

Lunch at Wendy's with her sisters.

She went to the Primrose Retreat Spa with her sisters and 2 cousins (& best friends) to get pedicures, fingernails done, makeup, hairdos, and play dress ups. They gave them pink hot chocolate with pink cupcakes on little tea sets. We spent about 3 hours there playing and having a blast! I have never seen little girls have so much fun!! Anyone who has really girly girls should really consider taking their kids here because they will love every minute of it. It is the cutest place ever!

Adelie getting her pedicure.

Adelie and Whytli with their pedicures done.

Adelie getting her hair done.

Makeup time! They loved that!

This was one of her favorite dress ups!

The girls pretending to have a tea party.

After we got home from the spa Brett was home and we decided to take the kids to Jumpin Jacks in Springville. It was the first time for our kids and they had a blast!


Aunt Lacey joined us at Jumpin Jacks.

After Jumpin Jacks we asked Adelie what she wanted to eat. She wanted what every little kid wants.....PIZZA. So we headed over to Two Jacks Pizza in town and grabbed some dinner.

After dinner we headed over to Macey's for ice cream cones. This was requested by Adelie a couple of weeks ago for her dessert on her birthday. She loves to go to Macey's to have ice cream so that is what we did. Brett's family met us there and had ice cream with us.

After the ice cream party at Macey's we headed home were the girls put on a music concert for us with their new dress ups. Lacey got Adelie a Hannah Montana wig so they had to of course do a concert of Hannah Montana. Brett then went outside with his brothers and mom and they helped him put together her new monkey dome for the backyard. It would have taken him forever without their help. The kids played on it for a little bit but it was too dark to take any pictures but they cannot wait to test it out some more in the morning! I'm so glad Adelie had such a great day.






10 comments:

The Duvall Family said...

What a fun day! Adriana had a blast playing dress-ups and getting all dolled up. I'm glad Adelie had such a great day!

Dani said...

Looks like a fun day!

angela said...

Wow, sounds like a blast, spoiling your kids on their Bday is the best!!!

Jenni said...

What a fun birthday. You seem to be so good at making that special day so special. I'm so jealous of those girls. I need a good pedicure myself.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I think you win for the longest post in history! :) I am glad Adelie had a good birthday!

Katie Hart said...

So I finally noticed you visited my blog!! (I'm a little slow)...Your kiddos are adorable! They are definitely COPES!! It reminds me of the good old days with you gals!

the lunch lady said...

she's totally a rock star!

Shortcake and Company said...

Wow...what a full and fun birthday. I've heard that the Primrose's girly girl parties are fun. I would love that too! What fun parents you are!

The Hawkins said...

You're a good mom. I would have maybe chosen 2 of those things to go do. That is too much in one day.

Tiesha said...

Looks like you all had a great time!!