Friday, May 23, 2008

Kids say the cutest things

This morning my mom called and asked if Adelie could come down and help her clean her bathrooms and do a few other chores around the house (my mom had a knee replacement a couple of weeks ago). So Adelie went to help her. At first my mom said she was acting really shy but that it didn't take long for her to warm up. She said Adelie talked her ear off the whole time. At one point Adelie asked my mom about her mom and if she died. My mom told her that she had and then Adelie said, "Well, one day you are going to die too Grandma." My mom told her that is right she is going to die one day. She then told her that her mom and dad were going to die one day too. My mom then said to Adelie, "Does that make you sad?" Adelie told her, "No Grandma, because we will all live again together one day." Then when they got done cleaning my mom paid her $5 and Adelie told her that she still had the $2 that she paid her last time. My mom said, "Why haven't you spent it? I gave that to you a long time ago." Adelie told her, "Because Grandma, I just don't have time to go spend it." I thought that was really funny and cute. I just love the things that kids say.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is totally cute. The things kids say sometimes are so sweet and funny at the same time.

Ashlee said...

Hey Janean! I found you on Alys' blog, as well. Kids are SO funny- and amazingly smart! Jace and I have talked a lot about death and I'm surprised at how much he understands. Oh, and by the way, you can come see my house whenever you want! I'd like to come and see your changes to my OLD house, too.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

Well we know that you are teaching her the gospel...and you now know that she is listening! She is so cute and I believe your Mom when she said that she talked her ear off. How funny!