Thursday, May 22, 2008

6 Random Things About Me

I was tagged by Chelsey to post 6 random things about me awhile ago and I kind of forgot about it until I saw that Shannon finally posted hers (cause Chelsey tagged her too) and that reminded me to do it. I have to admit it was kind of hard to think of but here it goes:

1. I love to cook but I hate to bake. I love getting new recipes for dinner and making something new for my family. It is seriously my favorite thing to try something new out and have it turn out and my family love it. But I hate to bake breads, cookies, and goodies. I love to eat them but hate to bake them. So if you ever have any yummy new recipes that you want to share with me send them my way.

2. One of my favorite restaurants is Outback Steakhouse BUT I never eat steak there. I always get this pasta that I love there. In fact, I never eat steak at any steakhouse. I usually get their pasta if they have one. And this totally drives Carrie my sister CRAZY! She says you cannot go to a steakhouse and not get steak but I just am not a big fan of steak and if I do have it it has to be a really thin piece of steak and VERY well done, we are talking almost burnt and crispy. If it is cooked that way then we are talking about a really yummy steak but no one ever cooks it the way I like so I never get it and I am a huge fan of pasta.

3. I can fold my ear. I know that sounds really weird but I have been able to do it since I was really little. I used to suck my finger and fold my ear. It was always my favorite thing to do. I don't suck my finger anymore but I still fold my ear on occasion. :) Now this may sound really weird but my favorite was always when I would come in from the cold and my ear was really cold, I would love to fold my ear at that time because it just felt good. Next time you see me you can ask me to fold my ear for you and I might do it. But the only problem is if I smile or laugh it makes it pop out and will not work so you cannot make me laugh. My family used to make fun that my ears had no cartilage in them but I think they do they are just really soft. Sometimes I wonder how I ever thought to fold my ear and how it all started but I have no idea.

4. I am obsessed with having my house clean when I go on vacation. I cannot relax on my vacation unless I know that my house it spotless back at home and that is what I will be coming home too. There has been many times that we are leaving for somewhere really early in the morning and my whole family is in the car waiting while I am vacuuming and doing the finish touches before we leave. It drives Brett crazy sometimes and we fight over it almost every time because he thinks it isn't necessary. So then it is really crappy because we are grumpy with each other for a little bit until we both decide to get over it. Usually, he gets over it faster than I do. I guess I am stubborn.

5. I always buy myself some kind of treat when I go grocery shopping that I think I will crave during the week and will need that little extra something. But I always hide this special treat and eat it while nobody it watching cause I don't want to share it with anyone. And believe me it always comes in handy and pretty much gets eaten every week.

6. My favorite thing to do is scare Brett. I love to hide and when he comes I jump out and scare him. It gets him every time! It seriously never gets old and it works almost every time! And I do this a lot too. I sometimes will pretend to go to bed and ask him to come here or if I know that he is going to be coming upstairs I will hide at the top of the stairs and jump out to scare him. I have even gone as far as turning on the water in the sink in the bathroom to make him think I am in there getting ready for bed. Sometimes I feel like such a kid sitting there giggling to myself just waiting for the right moment. I got this from my dad, he used to do this to us all the time growing up and it was seriously I think his favorite thing to do too.

Now I tag Carrie, Kellye, Melissa, Elizabeth, Lacey, and Laura.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

That was fun. I knew everything about you already except for the part about buying yourself some kind of treat at the grocery store and hiding it. That is a great idea.

Tiesha said...

Next time I see you, I want you to fold your ear for me! :o)

Shortcake and Company said...

This was fun!! I learned a lot about you and realized we have some things in common like the house cleaning and treat thing. Who knew? Thanks for posting...I was waiting! ;)

the lunch lady said...

too funny! If you see me staring at your ears, you'll know why -- I'll just be too embarrassed to actually ask you to fold them, but all the time I'll be wondering . . .

Jenni said...

You are too funny. I'm glad you did this post because I did not know all 6 facts.

I'm like you when it comes to having a clean house before you leave. It feels good to come home from a nice big trip and have the house clean. That way you aren't adding to the mess as you unpack.