Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Fun


I started out my Mother's Day on Friday by going to lunch with my mother-in-law LeeAnn and my 2 sisters-in-law Melissa and Elizabeth and also Haley (Robi's girlfriend). We went to Ruby River because Lacey my other sister-in-law was working as well as her husband Kellen. So we decided to go there and have them serve us. It was a lot of fun (even if I don't like Ruby River all that much).

Saturday Brett worked hard on our yard that we are redoing and that is my Mother's Day gift so that I can enjoy a nice new yard this summer. Included in that he will be getting a drinking fountain that I have wanted for our backyard that will make my life so much easier in the summer.

Sunday, I started out my day with a ice cold bucket of water being dumped on top of me when I was in the shower by my lovely husband Brett. As he dumped it on top of me he said "Happy Mother's Day!" I then felt a pinch on my arm and it is him saying "give me a smoochy dear!" I wasn't really in the mood but he wouldn't leave until I gave him one. After I got out I told him worst Mother's Day present ever. There is another part to the story I guess, which is that I did the same thing to him about 2 weeks before that. But mine was only with a glass of water. I guess I did do it twice while he was in the shower and I sure thought it was funny. So I guess I had it coming but on Mother's Day? He said he remembered today and had to do it while he remembered because he usually is not home when I shower except for on Sundays. Father's Day is always coming up, I guess we will see what happens that day that I happen to remember.

After Brett's fun he decided to be nice and make me breakfast burritos. They were delicious! And Whytli & Adelie gave me some more cute cards and books that they made for me at school. As always those are fun to get. Brett's family came over at noon to call his brother Robi who is on a mission in Italy. That was great fun talking with him and hearing how he is doing. I am so jealous that he is in Italy and we hope to go there one day.

We were only able to make it to the last half of church because we talked to his brother for so long. During Relief Society all the men of the ward took over all the callings for the women in the whole ward so that everyone could come into the cultural hall and there were chairs set up all around in circles and the bishopric served the women all different kinds of cheesecakes and milk and water. It was so fun and such a great idea! Everyone really enjoyed it.

After church we went to the park with my family to have a barbecue. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time playing on the playground. Then we went to Brett's moms house to have dessert were she made creme brulee. It was delicious too!

It was a great Mother's Day and even though my day started out with a cold bucket of water (I wasn't too mad) I had a great day and I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, my wonderful kids and both of my great families! I am also so grateful to my mom who is such a wonderful person and a great example to me. I am grateful to LeeAnn too who is also a wonderful person and great example. I want all my family to know that I love them very much!

5 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I hope we go to Italy too!

the lunch lady said...

what a kind and thoughtful husband! the drinking fountain in the back is a brillant idea!

Jenni said...

I would have been so mad about the bucket of water, especially on Mother's day. I hope you think of a great way to get him back.

Thanks for the invite to the vinyl letters party, I'm sorry I couldn't stay long.

Shortcake and Company said...

You did have a fun Mother's Day. The cheesecake thing is such a fun idea--I'll have to pass that along to our ward. You're a good sport about the bucket of water. ;)

Amy said...

I still chuckle at your first Mother's day present. The give me a smoochie part is great! I think they should do cheesecake every week.