Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ouch!

Last Saturday I decided to cut Nash's fingernails because he had scratched himself on his face. Babies fingernails grow so fast that you have to cut them almost every week. I was cutting them and accidentally cut a chunk of skin off his thumb while cutting the nail. He was really upset and it just kept bleeding and bleeding. Brett came to help and put a rag with pressure on his finger and held it there for awhile but it would not stop bleeding so we got some gauze and tape and had to wrap up his tiny little finger. Since he is such a sweaty little guy the tape was having a hard time sticking to his finger so he had to wrap the whole thing around his hand. Brett was so mad at me he told me I was never to cut his fingernails again. When Whytli was a baby Cynthia said she would cut her nails and did the same thing only on all of her fingers and they were all bleeding. It is so hard though because their fingernails are so tiny. I felt so bad and it took a while for him to calm down.

This is him after he calmed down. He still doesn't look too happy.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yeah, he totally looks mad. I'de be mad too if you just hurt me and then proceeded to take my picture.

the lunch lady said...

I have done that too, and it made me feel like such a bad mom. Thankfully babies heal so quickly.

Shortcake and Company said...

Oh, you big bully! ;)