Friday, July 4, 2008

But I Don't Want to Eat Just Ranch

Today we went to my aunt's Ranch in Woodland Hills, which is called Harry's Ranch. We always go there for the 4th of July with all our family and extended family and have a barbecue. It is private and has a huge pond with a trampoline in the middle, paddle boats, canoes, diving board, rope swing, and you can swim and fish. The whole area is surrounded with beach sand and it has several other things like a tree house, swings, pavilion, etc. Everyone usually brings their swimsuits. Anyway, it is a lot of fun and the kids usually really enjoy it. We have been going there for years so you would think my kids would remember what it is. Well, that wasn't the case today. As we were getting ready Adelie asked me a question about where we were going and I told her we were going to Harry's Ranch to eat. She then said in a very whiney voice, "But I don't want to eat just ranch." I got a good laugh out of it before I explained to her that we weren't going to just eat ranch, that the place was just called Harry's Ranch and it had nothing to do with ranch dressing. She was relieved when I explained it to her. I just thought that was so funny, I had to write it down.

2 comments:

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

She so funny about her food, I could picture her saying that!

Kirsten said...

That is so funny!!!