Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Memories - Nash's Birth (3-24-08)

My delivery for Nash wasn't too long. I was induced with him (like all my children). By the time they got everything hooked up and going it was about 9:00 AM or so. I had him at 3:37 PM, so a little over 6 hours of labor, which is about how long it took for all my kids. He was 4 days overdue. I had a pretty good, easy delivery and we were so happy to have him here safe with no problems. I had some pregnancy complications in my 3rd trimester which turned out to be a small tear in my placenta and caused some bleeding a few different times. It was definitely a major scare when it happened and I thought I was going to miscarry him. I was in the hospital a few times for it and then after that I was monitored weekly at the hospital for non-stress tests & ultrasounds up until I delivered him. I was definitely happy to have him here and have my pregnancy over with (but who isn't at that point - no more heartburn).

He weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. (my biggest baby) and was 19 1/2 inches long. When it was time to have him Brett called my mom and his mom to bring the kids. They got there pretty fast and were right outside my room when he was born. It was only about 10-15 minutes of pushing and he was out. They were very excited to hear his first cry and were anxious to come see him. While Dr. Wolsey was finishing up with me, Brett took him out to show the girls before the nurse cleaned him up. They were so excited to finally have a little brother. When he was born he was making this little whining, whimpering noise (something like that - not really sure how to explain it) but he was making this noise ALL day. He never stopped until I sent him to the nursery that night at 11:00 PM and when he came back that morning he had stopped. I remember the nurses thinking it was the strangest thing they had ever heard and had never seen a baby do it.



This is me before I had him. Brett always tries to convince me to do the delivery with no epidural or at least hold out as long as I can. He wants to experience some real pain. Yeah right - I'd like to see him try it.

He started out with chubby cheeks.

Brett was excited to finally have his boy.

Mallory wasn't too sure of things at first when he was born. She didn't want anything to do with him or me. She kept giving me this look of betrayal. I felt so bad but finally she warmed up and saw that everyone else was holding him so she needed to. I was glad - she had me worried there for a little bit that she wasn't going to like him.

I'm so thankful to my mother-in-law who has always been great to watch my kids when I have babies and also my sisters who have helped out as well. They are great to make sure their hair looks decent enough to go to the hospital. It is definitely a concern for me but they always do a great job.

The girls watching from the window in the nursery while Nash gets cleaned up.



The prince has finally arrived! Stephanie got us this onesie. It was perfect. He is such a little blessing in our family and we love him so much. I was scared to have a baby boy but it is great. I don't know what I was scared of.


5 comments:

Erin said...

He really is a cute baby (from newborn to now)!!!:)

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

He is cute. Its crazy how much he has grown in such a short time.

Shortcake and Company said...

What a fun post to remember the birthdays of your little ones. I'm gonna have to borrow this idea from you. I had no idea about your scary situation. I'm glad all went well. He's a cutie!

Kirsten said...

He is the cutest baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie Swenson said...

He is such a cutie! I hope he never grows out of his chubby cheeks.