Saturday, July 19, 2008

New PJs and Purses

Whytli and Adelie have been dying to buy something with their own money. They have been gathering up toys or anything that they can find and trying to sell it to different people to earn money. They have really wanted to buy a pair of sunglasses just like mine. Well I had to go to Walmart and told them that they could bring some of their money and buy their sunglasses. They were so excited. When we got there they tried on all the sunglasses and decided that they didn't like any of them because they did not look quite like mine. I told them they could get something else then. They decided to get Hannah Montana purses and pajamas. When we got up to the registers I asked them if they even had enough money to pay for them and they said they did. I asked to see their money and they handed me their wallet and said they put their money together. I counted it and they had $78 and a wallet full of change that had probably another $10 in it. I was a little surprised and didn't realize they had that much in their piggy banks. They thought it was pretty cool to give the checker their money and pay for something on their own. They still had $40 in the cash leftover plus the change and decided to buy themselves some honey butter at Macey's as well as a treat. They love honey butter and they hid it in the fridge outside so their dad wouldn't eat it.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

It's always so amazing to me how much money kids can save. That is great that they have learned to not blow it on stupd things and save up for something they really want.

Shortcake and Company said...

I swear kids appreciate the stuff they buy too. The part about the honey butter is funny...who would of thought that?

Erin said...

That's cute that they wanted to buy something with their own money. I remember feeling the same way when I was younger. . .for some reason, the enjoyment has gone from it now!!;)