Monday, December 1, 2008

Annual Cope Christmas Party

Every year my mom has a Christmas party on the first Monday of December. Usually Santa comes but this year he was too busy and could not fit us in his schedule (I won't lie and say that my kids were not disappointed). My kids really look forward to this party every year. This year we had dinner, wrote letters to the soldiers in Iraq, gathered food to take to the food bank, and tied blankets for the homeless shelters. My mom then gave us all 3 Christmas books to add to our collection (she is a huge fan of Christmas books). Then we practiced some Christmas songs from the hymn book and went to my Grandma & Grandpa Cope's to sing them some Christmas carols.

This is my mom giving us the instructions for what we will be doing before we can eat.

Everyone pitched in and helped tie the blankets. We went for easy fleece blankets that we tied together.

The kids had a great time making cards to send to some soldiers in Iraq.

Nashy wanted to join in on the fun. He felt rather big sitting at the kid table.

This is Grandpa Cope (or Grandpa Great, as my kids would call him). He is the cutest grandpa ever.
Grandma Cope (or Grandma Great).

The kids singing Feliz Navidad to everyone.

My kids with Grandma and Grandpa Cope.

My grandparents really enjoyed having us come over and sing to them. My grandpa had a big smile on his face the whole time.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Finally, I new post from you. That's such a great idea to do for a Christmas project. I am going to suggest it next year to Jeff's family.