Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Making Christmas Tree Decorations

I decided as a new family tradition we would create our own decorations for our family Christmas tree. I have always had a really nice, pretty tree and I thought it was time to let the kids be more involved instead of worrying about having such a pretty tree that I don't want anyone touching it. Also, while my kids are young I though we should let them do it themselves and enjoy it more and also create fun family memories. The kids loved this idea. So tonight before putting them to bed I decided to pull everything out that I had for them to do and let them have at it. They had so much fun and everyone in the family got involved in the creation process - even Brett. We decorated Christmas trees, gingerbread men, snowflakes, stars, and snowmen.


Some of the finished products.

Brett's snowman. He was pretty dang proud of this thing and it only took him the entire time to decorate it.


Brett busy at work with the precious snowman.


Nashy wasn't having as much fun so he went to bed shortly after we started.

Whytli hard at work. Notice the tongue, it always comes out when she is concentrating on something very serious.

Adelie busy at work.


Mallory having a hard time getting her glitter to come out.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

They turned out so cute. That is such a fun idea and your kids are going to always remember that.

Kirsten said...

Cute idea... I intended to do the same thing but never got around to doing it!! Glad you were a good mom and did! :) They turned out so cute! There is always next year, right??