Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whytli's First Day of School

Whytli was really excited to start school. She went to bed with no complaints the night before and got up very willingly the next morning. I got up early with her and made her and Adelie pancakes (frozen - not fresh homemade but hey, they still loved them). She was ready to go early with plenty of time to spare. Brett gave her a father's blessing the night before to help her out with a good year. She was a little nervous because her two best friends from last year are not in her class. They are in another class together. She was worried that she would not have any friends to play with. She came home and said it was just fine. She was able to play with her friends at recess. I know she will do just fine too and make new friends as well. I was told that her teacher for the year was great and we would be really happy with her. Whytli is such a smart girl and really loves to learn. I know she is going to have a great year. I cannot believe how fast they grow up. I don't know how I feel about her going to school all day because she is my great little helper at home. She is a great kid and I am so proud of her.


She was really excited to wear this outfit because she wanted a scarf all last year. She would try to find any little thing that she could to make it into a scarf to wear around her neck. It is a little hot to be wearing a scarf but I got it for her anyway. She is such a fashion diva!

She also insisted on having a new bag this year. It could not be just any bag it had to be a messenger bag not a backpack. Apparently, all the kids in school do not carry backpacks anymore. I thought I still saw plenty of backpacks but whatever.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

She looks really cute.

Kellye said...

Well the scarf looks good. That is all that really matters isn't it?