Thursday, August 14, 2008

"That is sooo going on the blog!"


I have a couple of funny things that Adelie has said recently that I had to write down. The first one was a few weeks ago on my birthday. I got a new camera for my birthday so we gave the kids our old digital camera. On the way home from the birthday dinner in Salt Lake, Adelie and Mallory rode home with Kellen and Lacey. Adelie had the camera and was taking pictures the whole way home. She kept saying stuff like, "Oh, that was a good one," and at one point while taking pictures she said, "Oh that was so good. That is sooo going on the blog!" Kellen and Lacey bust up laughing and thought it was quite hilarious. My kids definitely are all about the blogs like their mom I guess. They are dying to have one of their own.

Another one was while in St. George when the kids were playing with mine and Kellye's hair. I have a very soft head that hurts at the slightest pull of my hair. Adelie was doing my hair and at one point she pulled my hair. I told her that it hurt, to please be soft, and that I had a very soft head. Kellye said she had a hard head. Adelie looked around the room at everyone with this funny, confused look on her face and then took her finger, touched my head, and said with a very confused tone, "Doesn't feel soft!" Kellye and I thought it was really funny and had to explain to her what I meant when I said I had a soft head.

Yesterday while watching TV with the kids. The girls and I were watching one of our favorite TV shows, So You Think You Can Dance. Adelie then said to me, "Mom can those people ever come out of the TV?" I started to laugh and asked her what she meant and she said, "I mean do they always have to stay there in the TV and can never come out?" Whytli replied, "Duh Adelie, of course they can come out they do not live in the TV. Someone records them with a video camera and then whoever is in charge tells them to put it on the TV." Adelie still seemed a little confused, so that night when Brett got home we told him about it and he explained to her that they did not live permanently in the TV. She then said, "So you mean Zach and Cody can come out whenever they want?" I thought it was really funny that she seriously thought that the people on TV are inside of the TV and can never come out or something.

The last one was today while at the ward party. Kellye said to my girls, "I got a lot of cute pictures of you guys in St. George." Adelie looked at Kellye with a serious face and said, "Are they still there?" Kellye started laughing and said, "Yeah, should we go back to get them?" She is so innocent and funny with the things she says. I just love the way she thinks.

6 comments:

the lunch lady said...

so cute! I'm soooo glad that went on the blog!

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

She is so funny! She always says the cutest things.

Amy said...

I love all of your fun pictures of your kids. I second the lunch lady, I'm glad it made the blog. I can't wait to see the pictures she took!

Kellye said...

what a dang cutie

Shannon said...

She is such a doll. I remember thinking that people lived inside the t.v. too.

The Duvall Family said...

So cute & I love that you are keeping track and journaling!