Friday, August 29, 2008

Birthday Celebrations

On Brett's birthday we started out by making him breakfast. We made scrambled eggs with muffins. We also got our traditional and Brett's favorite (he only gets it once a year for his birthday) BYU chocolate milk. In the afternoon Mallory, Nash and I surprised him at work to take him to lunch. We took him to Arby's. Now there is a reason we took him there. Normally I would choose to go somewhere a little better, but when I asked him where he wanted to go eat for dinner on his birthday a few days before he said, "Arby's." I said, "Gross and no way - you get to go somewhere a lot nicer than that!" He said, "But I love Arby's and you will never go there with me." So I decided I could take him to Arby's for lunch instead of doing dinner there. That night when he got home from work he had 3x5 cards all over the house from the kids telling him reasons why they loved him. He enjoyed finding the cards with them and of course they loved it too. Then he chose to go to La Casita for dinner. (Another poor choice. I am okay with that place but come on - it's his birthday. Usually I pick somewhere a little more expensive and splurge but I guess that is the major difference between me and Brett.) His mom, dad, 2 brothers (Spencer and Colten) and Colten's wife Melissa and daughter Gwyn came along as well.

Again, I will say what a great husband Brett is and I am so happy to have him in my life. I love you Brett and I hope you had a great birthday!


The girls at La Casita (or La Crapita as Brett calls it - he likes it but still calls it that because it is in a crappy old building).

They brought him some fried ice cream and made him put on this hat and we sang to him.

Brett finding and reading all his cards from the kids. I gave him new cologne (he wanted some more because his favorite ran out) and money for Rock Band for the Xbox 360 to play with the kids. He also got money from his family to contribute towards the game. It costs around $170 and he is planning to get the new version that is coming out in September or October. He got all the money that he needs to get it. It should be good times with him and the kids playing that.



This is him eating his breakfast. The girls made him birthday cards.

Last Sunday we got together with my family for Brett and Kynli's birthday. We had banana splits and root beer floats. Brett got Madden Football 2009 for the Xbox 360 from my siblings and money from my mom.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Looks like a fun birthday. I'm really liking the hat on Brett.

the lunch lady said...

LOVE the hat!