Friday, August 29, 2008

31 Reasons Why I love My Dad...

On Brett's birthday the girls each wrote on 31 cards reasons why they love their dad. They came up with the reasons all on their own. Then I had them tape them all over the house for Brett to find when he got home from work.

They all said, "I love my dad because...." followed by:

Whytli (in her own spelling):
1. you play sports with me .
2. you let us stay up a little late.
3. you watch kartoons with me.
4. you are a good example.
5. you bote us a swingset and put it together.
6. you pay for fun stuff.
7. play video games with me.
8. you signed me up for piano.
9. you signed me up for dance.
10. you record Hannah Montana for me.
11. you are my buddy.
12. you take me to school.
13. you give me kisses and hugs.
14. you watch Olimpics with me.
15. you read to me at night.
16. you buy me presents for my birthday.
17. you teach me the gospel.
18. you love me.
19. you teach me to be good.
20. you take care of me.
21. you buy me books to read at night.
22. you play games with me.
23. you bote me a bike.
24. you bote us a monkey dome and put it together.
25. you take me to school.
26. you are my dad.
27. you are the best dad ever.
28. you watch buddy movies with me.
29. you pay me when I do chores.
30. you are nice.
31. you make pancakes, eggs, french toast and toast.

Adelie (Whytli helped her write hers):
1. you're nice .
2. you helped me ride a two willer.
3. you love me.
4. you take me bike riding.
5. you take me to fun places.
6. you let me be in the front.
7. you take me to school.
8. you give me hugs when I stop crying.
9. you are the best dad ever.
10. you do underdogs to me.
11. we watch buddy movies.
12. you help me with my homework.
13. we do buddy things.
14. I love that you love me.
15. you help me practice soccer.
16. you snuggle with me.
17. you signed me up for soccer.
18. you do fun things with me.
19. you give tight hugs.
20. you kiss me goodnight.
21. you give me eskimo kisses.
22. you took me to seven peaks and that you made me go on the little blue slides.
23. you are the best dad ever.
24. you make me laugh.
25. you make me choclete milk.
26. you teach me good things.
27. you make us good food when mom is gone.
28. you read storys to me.
29. you are funny.
30. we are buddies.
31. you take me down swimming slides.

Mallory (she only came up with one -she just kept saying she loved him "because")
1. I'm your sweetie and you're nice.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is such a cute idea. I love Mallory's answer. Your kids are adorable.

Amy said...

I'm sure Brett loved walking around the house to find all 63 cards waiting for him! What a find idea.

Amber said...

What a great idea! This is priceless.