Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Memories - Disneyland (January 2008)

It has been a long time since I have done Monday Memories. I have been so busy that I have not even had a chance to blog about anything lately. I have a lot of catching up to do.

This past January we took our kids to Disneyland and California Adventure. We are all huge fans of Disneyland. We try to make it there about every other year but lately have made it about once a year. My sister Stephanie and her family all made it to Disneyland for their first time and were there at the same time as us but they only spent 2 days in there, which was enough for them because they didn't like it much (although their kids seemed to love it like a brother). We like it so much we decided to spend 5 days there.

The whole whole way down Mallory was throwing up - probably 6 or 7 different times. It was horrible. We were able to mostly contain it after the first time, but the first time was enough to stink up the whole car for the rest of the trip. When we got to the hotel she was fine and didn't act sick. I think she must have been car sick.

When we go to California we go to Disneyland and pretty much spend our whole time there. I was pregnant with Nash this time so I was not able to ride a lot of the rides but that was alright because I sat with Mallory while Brett and the girls did some of the bigger rides. Adelie was just about an inch or two too short for some of the really big rides but next time she should be good to go. This time since we had so much time we decided to try to see all of the free shows that they have at Disneyland and California Adventure. We had already seen a lot of them but they are always great to see again. Whytli's favorite ride at California Adventure is the big roller coaster and at Disneyland both Whytli and Adelie love Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain. I was a little disappointed that I could not go on Tower of Terror but for some reason the kids were being big chickens and did not want to go on it either. Brett was only able to go on it once with Jeff and the boys.



The girls always have to get their pictures taken with ALL of the princesses.

Playing ring around the rosies with Cinderella. I think it is so funny to watch them look at these princesses and truly believe that they are so real.

Coloring and making crowns at the Fairyland where the princesses live.


They had a lot of fun swimming at our hotel. They wanted to swim every night when we got home.

Mallory was not interested in swimming she just wanted to play with her new Minnie Doll.

We always get a picture with Whytli in front of this building in California Adventure because it is her special building we tell her. I guess this will be the last time though because we were told they are tearing it down. It doesn't serve any purpose so I guess it is about time.

We could not get our traditional family portrait in front of the Mickey face at Disneyland because it was under construction so this had to do.

The kids all in the jail house.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

How could anyone not like Disneyland. I would buy season passes and go 3-4 times per year if Jeff would let us. I LOVE it! Fun pictures and that looks so nice to be there when it's cool enough to wear jackets. My family insists on going in May when it is super hot.

the lunch lady said...

what cute pictures!

Kellye said...

Hey, I didn't know there was a fairyland.

Colten and Melissa Rogers said...

I love the picture of Brett in the Goofy hat!