Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Memories - Christmas 2007

So The Captain (aka Janean) is making me make this Monday Memories post because we apparently struck a deal in which I agreed to those terms, so looks like we'll all have to pay the price for her questionable decision. It was supposed to be done this morning but apparently I underestimated just how difficult this blogging thing is with all of the photo work (selection, editing, and associated captions) then coming up with witty and/or cute (mostly cute) written content with the required level of excessive! exclamation! point! use!!! At any rate, I present to you The Probably Mostly Incomplete Account of the Rogers Christmas 2007....


Coke Christmas Party with Santa

Every year Grandma Coke has a Christmas Party at her house and invites Santa Claus. One year Santa may have been a tad on the white trash side and it's also quite possible he was inebriated during his visit. Whatever his social class and intoxication level may have been, he surely made some fairly off-color comments that were fortunately not understood by the children present but not terribly appreciated by the adults. Luckily Santa's been a little more presentable the past few years, showing up with a nice, little old Mrs. Claus a few times then with some elves wearing joker hats this year (guess they were out of elf hats). The kids were prepped beforehand with explicit instructions not to ask Santa for their own laptops because their father would talk to Santa afterwards and tell him to forget about the laptop requests. We already had a couple of laptops kicking around at home and didn't need Santa forking out a bunch of elf time for some more.

And yes, I know I spelled it Grandma Coke - that's what she's known as internally at our house. Well, that's what I call her at least. Sometimes it catches on for short periods of time with the kids too, but usually they just like to argue about it and tell me that's not the right name, which is the main reason that I do it in the first place. Either way it's mission accomplished.

Adelie with her trademark grin while Whytli focuses intently on decorating her cookie (note the tongue sticking out - that's the sign that she's truly focused on the task at hand).


Waiting for Santa to arrive!

Mallory and Santa!

Whytli and Santa!

Adelie and Santa!

Whytli, Cousin Kynli, and Adelie!

Singing songs with Santa (sorry, no more exclamation points from here on out - I know there's not a maximum allowed limitation but I hit the minimum required level at least so I'm done).


Christmas Eve/Day

On Christmas Eve the girls got to open one present which is their traditional set of new pajamas. Then on Christmas Day they got the crap below, in addition to some items not pictured, the most important being a bowl chair thing with accompanying fold-up desk for each of them, to be stationed in their new play room. Brett got some tools (e.g., the drill), probably some new underwear and socks too. Janean got something but I have no recollection of what it was. Might have been new dishes, unless that was the year before.

Great...just what we needed...more Polly Pockets. Have you ever tried to dress/undress one of those things? They're nearly impossible for an adult to manage, let alone a kid.

Whytli desperately wanted the Blendy Pens she'd seen on TV.

A new pink MP3 player like Whytli's for Adelie.

A new drill for the reluctant handyman.

More girl movies for the girls.


Grandma LeeAnn's House on Christmas Day

We went to Grandma LeeAnn's house to open presents and eat a late breakfast. That's all I remember.

The Sweetie got a new pink purse, with which she was tickled pink.

Uncle Beaker gave the girls their names made out of wood. I thought they were pretty sweet and proposed we nail them up above each of their beds in their new room, but Janean quickly shot down that idea, pretty much ruining everyone's Christmas (especially Beaker's since he was so proud of them and had worked so hard, only to be slapped in the face).


And that was Christmas 2007.

7 comments:

Janean said...

Hey, I let the kids put their names Beeker made on their window sill in their room. Brett warned me I might not like the post he does. He has also warned me many times that one day he will probably put a post with something that I might not like, making fun of other blogs including my own. Maybe now that he has done this one and realized how long it took he just might forget about that.

Shannon said...

I'm proud of you Brett, you used the word "cute."

the lunch lady said...

wow! great pictures!! you're a natural! blogger !! Brett!!!!!
!

!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

What a cute post!!! I especially liked all the exclamtion marks and the fact that you used the word cute!!!! I think you should do some more posts, you're a natural.

Lacey. Kellen. Beck. said...

best blog ever.

Shortcake and Company said...

I'm impressed!!! I did like Brett's commentaries though...it shows how different men's perspectives are from we women's. Cute idea!!!!

jorrihall said...

I enjoyed the Blog : )

Jorri