Monday, September 15, 2008

Mallory's First Day of Preschool

Today was Mallory's first day of preschool. She is going to my mom's preschool down the street. We weren't going to send her this year because she still has 3 more years before she goes into Kindergarten (plus Brett had several other reason why he didn't want her to go) but, my mom asked me to help her out on the 2 days that she teaches preschool. When we woke up this morning I told her that she was going to go to preschool. She was very excited. I told her that I was going to stay with her and she said, "No!" I replied, "Yes, I will stay with you and help Grandma." She said again, "No, Mom doesn't stay." She told me no several times until she gave up and then proceeded to say, "So you are my mom and my teacher?" I told her yes and she was then OK with me staying. She just wanted to be independent and not have her mom stay with her. She even called me teacher a couple of times. I found that to be quite funny. It was fun to help my mom with the cute little kids in preschool. Three and four-year-olds are such a fun age.


This is her class. She gets to be in it with 3 of her cousins and 2 friends and she will make many more friends I am sure. There are 15 little kids total in her class (7 girls and 8 boys). They are saying the pledge of allegiance here.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the placement of Hallie's hands in this picture. That's my kid alright. I'm glad Brett caved and is letting her go. She's such a little cutie.

the lunch lady said...

that's a big class! good luck!

(she looks so cute!)