Friday, September 19, 2008

Learning to do Cartwheels

Adelie is learning how to do cartwheels in dance and was told to practice them at home so they can get better. So she came home from dance and told me that we needed to call her aunt Lacey to come help her with the cartwheels. Lacey taught Whytli how to do cartwheels for dance so Adelie decided she was the one for the job. We called Lacey and she came over to help. Lacey made Adelie this little chart that has boxes of 10, 20, 30, & 40 cartwheels each that she has to cross off when she does that many cartwheels. On the chart it reminds Adelie that she needs to keep her arms straight, legs straight, legs in the air, & a strong body. She told her that if she practiced every day she would get them perfect and when she crossed off all the boxes she would get a treat from her. Lacey hired Whytli to help Adelie practice, so she will also get a treat for helping out. What a great aunt.




3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is such a fun idea. Lacey is such a good aunt to always help them out with stuff. I can tell they really love her.

Kellye said...

I think cartwheels are so hard to teach people. It seems like it should be easy, but it isn't

Jennifer said...

I don't think I can even do a cartwheel. Maybe Lacey could teach me and make a chart for me too. :)