Monday, February 23, 2009

Classic Skating

For auntie Lacey's (that's what she likes the girls to call her) birthday we went to Classic Skating. It was Lacey's choice of activity. The kids loved it. At the beginning it took a little bit for Brett and Whytli to get the hang of it but they got it real fast. Adelie didn't like the roller skates as much so she chose to ride a scooter. Mallory was enjoying the scooter at first too. She was going around the ring forever and not paying any attention if she was going the opposite way as everyone else. She was enjoying herself too much to care what was going on around her. After a while she decided she wanted to be pushed around in a stroller since Nash wasn't too excited to be pushed in it. Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of her doing this. A great time was had by all. I did not choose to roller skate this time because I had a bad day due to my grandpa but I definitely hope we plan to go again as a family activity. In fact, the kids loved it so much that is where they chose to go for their birthdays.

Classic Skating hasn't changed a bit since I was a kid. It used to be my favorite thing to do on a Friday night with my friends when I was in 5th and 6th grade. I remember we would get ourselves all dressed up and looking cute (at least we thought) and ready to roller skate with some cute boy that would ask us during the boys choice songs. It was always great to come home bragging with each other how many different boys you skated with and whose names and numbers you got. Good times, good times at good old Classic Skating!

Sorry for the poor quality of all these pictures. I am a horrible picture taker and do not hold the camera still very often. Plus, it didn't help that a lot of these pictures are action shots.

Brett did really well for only being his second time roller skating. He roller skated for the first time a few years ago at Bear Lake.

Adelie in the zone.
Joel and LeeAnn watch as everyone roller skated. They chose not to join in on the fun.

Whytli loved skating with Kellen around the ring.


Colten and Gwyn joining in on the fun.

The birthday girl Lacey and her hubby Kellen. Aren't they such a cute couple?

4 comments:

Mrs. Rogers said...

i'm glad you guys had so much fun. we were so sorry not to get to come. bryce was still doing research in salt lake and the kids were way tired at like 6, so i put them to bed.

Tiesha said...

How fun! I need to go back there! I loved that place.

Anonymous said...

Wow- this takes me back! Me and my friends loved Classic...especially "snowball" :) Looks like you guys had fun!

Whytli said...

That was so fun! We should go again sometime.