Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day this year I decided to do 14 Days of Valentine's for my kids. So, starting February 1st, I hid a heart with the #14 written on it and put a fun little treat or present with a little saying to go along with it. Each morning my kids would wake up and search for the heart and get their surprise. They then would put the hearts on the coat closet door and we had our own little Valentine's Day count down. They thought it was great each morning to go hunting for their heart and see what their surprise was. On Valentine's Day day I decided that this year we were going to do our own little thing instead of getting together with my whole family like we usually do. In the morning, the kids had their surprise waiting for them and Brett made them heart pancakes. They loved that. Then for dinner that night I made meatloaf in a heart shaped pan (my family loves meatloaf) and we had pink smoothies. Then we played some games with the kids. They had a great time.



Mallory wasn't too happy that morning - throwing a little fit.

Nash was enjoying his breakfast.

We had a candlelight dinner. And, we sat at our kitchen table
which we NEVER do so that was a special treat itself.

Whytli and Adelie rocking out to a song that they love
(Kiss Off by The Violent Femmes) - they had to sing it for us.

I dominated at this game - I was so much better than Brett.

We had to try to get as many heart candies in our own bowl with chopsticks.

1 comment:

Lacey. Kellen. Beck. said...

It's total awesomeness when they sing that song!