Sunday, February 15, 2009

My First Dozen Roses

That's right - this is my first dozen roses from my husband in our 10 years of marriage. When I woke up Valentine's Day morning I came downstairs to find this sitting on our kitchen counter. I was very surprised. I have always told Brett that I have wanted a dozen roses or flowers of any kind but he cannot see the point in wasting money for something that is going to die soon anyway. A few times he has gotten me one long stem red rose for Valentine's but never a dozen. Anytime I ask when I am going to get flowers from him he says, "Well, now I can't get them anytime soon because you asked for them. I was probably going to be getting them soon, too." Uh huh! It was definitely a surprise. I didn't expect in a million years to be getting roses on the one day of the year that they are more expensive (I don't think he realized that). But it was very sweet and I enjoyed it very much. He also printed out a card of his own with Troy (from High School Musical) on front that said Happy Valentines Day. I thought it was a little strange that the card had a picture of Troy (I felt like a teenager who was in love with Troy) but then inside he said a lot of sweet things and then told me that for my Valentines Day gift I could choose either one of two things. I thought to myself, isn't the roses enough? But, hey I am not going to complain. Anyway, he let me choose between the High School Musical 3 DVD or another thing that I have wanted for awhile. I obviously didn't choose High School Musical 3 on DVD. Brett was a little disappointed - he was hoping for High School Musical 3 because it was a lot cheaper.

I just want Brett to know that I love him very much and I think he is a wonderful husband and father. He is such a great example to me and the kids and I do not know what I would do without him. And thanks for the wonderful dozen roses. It was great.


My first dozen roses and I forgot to take a good
picture of them. They were very pretty.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

So fun! I wish roses would live longer, cause they are so beautiful.

The Duvall Family said...

How sweet! What's gotten in to him that he's gotten so sentimental?

gojensens said...

I was going to ask you about Kari, but I saw her own your blog so I visited hers, how fun this is to see you guys after so many years! Anyway, when will you be in CA? I'll be there from April 8-11 visiting my dad and friends. I live in Pahrump, (it's a samll town an hour SW of Vegas). I'm not sure where Melany is at I think OK? She just got back from Spain and I'm not sure where she moved to. I do go to UT often, are you in Spanish Fork? I'll have to stop by. Let me know when you'll be in CA. how fun going on a cruise with a friend!
Great roses! I'm like Brett and tell Danny never spend the money on flowers for me they just die too quick. But how sweet of him! From all your V-day adventures I take it you guys really love Valentines Day! You're such a wonderful mom!

Tiesha said...

Yeah, how sweet! They are very pretty. It's about time Brett. I don't get them very often, but I sure do appriciate them when I do. :o)

Amy said...

Very pretty! I can't believe he didn't douse you in cold water like he did on Mothers day!