Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Stress of my Kids' Hair

Whenever I go on vacation without the kids I always worry about how their hair is going to look. I know it is stupid and I shouldn't worry about it but I do - I actually really stress about it if there are places they have to go (like church). I don't want other people looking at my kids and wondering what the heck I was thinking when I let them leave the house that morning. Anyway, this time I was going to be gone for a week and during the week the kids had spring break for 3 days and Easter was on that Sunday that I was gone. Well, I convinced Brett to allow the kids to stay home the entire week since it was spring break and I would arrange with their teachers for their homework on those days. So then I did not have to worry about those days because they wouldn't really be going anywhere. Then all I had to worry about was Easter and I arranged with Brett's sister Lacey to do their hair. I usually ask one of my sisters but since we have early 9:00 a.m. church I figured they would be busy trying to get their own kids ready.

While I was gone Whytli did the girls' hair and Brett took pictures so I could see how they did. I actually think she did a pretty good job. I know Whytli is getting older and it is time to let go and allow her to do her own hair but it is really hard. I know that when kids first start doing their own hair it doesn't always look so great but with practice they (usually) get better. My sister-in-law Angela and her daughter Alexa have been making fun of me forever and have been telling me I need to let go and allow her to do it. Every time Alexa sees Whytli she asks her if she is doing her own hair yet and she gets mad at me when Whytli tells her no. I know - this really seems crazy but it is a big issue for me. Anyway, I think this summer is going to be the official test run of Whytli doing her own hair. We will see how she does. I know once I do this it will be really nice for me because it will be one less girl to worry about. Wish her luck! I think she did a pretty good job while I was gone. What do you think?




2 comments:

angela said...

i think she did a fantastic job and i can't wait til you actually let her loose and go for it...she will do great!!!

Batistas said...

Wow she did an awesome job. I finally let my girls start wahing their own hair..LOL My oldest has such thick crazy hair that I don't let her do it either...one day I know that I will have to cut the cord!