Thursday, March 19, 2009

Backwards Down The Stairs

Because of the way my railing is on my stairways, combined with the thick baseboards, I cannot have baby gates up, so we have to watch Nash like a hawk due to the dangerous all-wood stairs. He has known how to go up the stairs for a long time but could not go down them, so I decided it was time to teach him. My friend Kellye had me come to her house about 2 weeks ago and teach him on her carpeted stairs. It only took about an hour of going down them several times with gummy bears down below to bribe him for him to learn. He finally got it. He was good about starting out and figuring out how to turn around but once we got him turned around he could do it. He has finally figured out the turning around thing and is doing great on them.

It is really funny at the end of this video because he was used to going down Kellye's long stairs and then I brought him home and had him practice on the only stairs we have that are carpeted (about 6 stairs). He was used to a lot more so at the end he just kept going.

7 comments:

Batistas said...

That's funny! He is a cuttie.

Kellye said...

That is so funny. He is such a dang cutie!

Brett I found a grammar error in that post.

Very disappointing.

The Hawkins said...

That is so funny. I love Nash

the lunch lady said...

that was so cute!

Bobbie Murphy said...

That was super cute. We have the same problem at our house with stairs and we are trying to teach Kaylin how to turn around still. She goes up and down just fine but has problems getting turned around to go down

Brett said...

The video from right after that where he gets a little carried away and tumbles down the stairs with Janean laughing while he cries is even better. We should put that one up.

Lacey said...

That's so cute! Good thing kids can entertain us, otherwise life would be so dang boring!!! I LOVE this! Cute, cute boy!