Thursday, June 18, 2009

Lagoon

Today we went to Lagoon for Brett's annual summer work party. The kids look forward to Lagoon every summer. It was the perfect day - not too hot or cold. We spent most of the day there and didn't get home until 10:30. The kids all did really well - we had no whining or crying all day. I made sure to stock up on snacks and drinks so the little ones stayed happy and entertained. I stayed with Nash the entire time and didn't go on anything all day except for the train. Brett, Whytli, and Adelie went on a lot of the scary rides together. Then we went to the kids area and all of them rode almost all the rides there. Nash did really well - I expected him to cry and be scared but instead he loved them. A couple of rides Brett was unsure about him going on even though it said he could and I insisted and he did just fine. He sat with Brett or one of his sisters while riding. It was a really fun family outing and the kids can't wait until next year's summer Lagoon work party.

This is the only family shot we got.

Nash and Mallory waiting while Brett and the girls were on the roller coaster rides.

Brett and the girls are waiting in line for the Colossus. Adelie decided it looked too scary and started crying and didn't want to go on it. Brett had me get her out of line. We try to make our kids not be wussy and make them go on the scarier rides - until they start crying and then we let them choose not to go on.

Waiting for Brett and Whytli to get off the Colossus.






The dragon roller coaster is always the kids' favorite little kid ride. Even Nash liked it!



Say cheese!



The girls waiting for the train.

The cars are always another favorite!




Nash riding with James who is the son of one of Brett's buddies from work.

They provided us with dinner - hamburgers and hot dogs - then they gave away prizes. We were hoping for the 52" TV (Brett thought we would sell it if we won it - but I disagreed - I thought it would make a great playroom TV since we already have one in our family room). Instead of the TV we won a Sony Cybershot 10 megapixel camera. I guess we can't complain too much - it wasn't a bad prize.

On the train - the only ride I went on all day! I am a huge fan of scary roller coaster rides but someone had to stay behind with the little ones and take pictures so I volunteered every time. Brett offered to sit with them while I went on some but I declined. Lagoon isn't my favorite - I prefer something more like Six Flags. Now that is when I wouldn't have been sitting all day observing. I must admit - people watching is quite fun though!


It was really hard to contain Nash on the train - he wanted to touch and walk everywhere.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Your kids are sooo cute!! They look like they had a lot of fun at Lagoon. Who could blame them. It is a fun place. :0)