Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

For Father's Day this year the girls asked me the day before if I could take them shopping to get Brett a gift with their own money. I had to go do errands and was gone for awhile. Whytli kept calling me to make sure I got home in time to take them. They had asked Brett a couple of things he wanted. He told them new socks, and Snickers or Twix candy bars. And that is just what they got - socks, candy bars, and his favorite mints. For Activity Days Whytli made a tee shirt for Brett to wear. He put it right on and wore it the rest of the day. After Brett opened his gifts we ate a snack and then the kids watched a buddy movie with Brett. Later that evening we went to my parents house for a barbecue. We all had a great day and I hope Brett had a Happy Father's Day! He is a great husband and father. We love him very much - he is a wonderful example for all of us! Also, I want my dad to know that I love him and am grateful for the wonderful example he has always been in my life.

Brett opening his gifts from the kids.

These are the cards they made in primary.

Brett sporting his new shirt that Whytli made for him.

These are the cute cards the the kids made by themselves to put with the gifts they bought with their own money.



Eating their snack after church - glazed donuts and chocolate milk.

The girls were making up a cheer to do for their dads.

Nash likes to sit with the kids - he feels so cool and big.



Playing football. You can always find Brett and Dustin playing football or some other sport with the kids at almost every family party.

It turned out to be a really nice day - it was supposed to rain. Luckily it didn't.

For my dad all of the kids got him a new pellet gun that had a scope with it. He was so excited.

Don't worry - it isn't loaded!

Checking out the scope.

My mom got him some movies, pellets and a couple of other miscellaneous things.


We also celebrated Taylor, Keanu and Samantha's birthdays that are in the month of June.

Samantha opening her gift.

Cute little Lilly! She is always smiling.

Keanu opening his gift. He is being bashful.

My mom is always so thoughtful and buys us gifts on Mother's and Father's Day. She got all the fathers new ties. She always has to give everyone a hug and kiss.

Brett, Nash and his new tie.

Nash eating an ice cream cone. Sharing one with me wasn't good enough - he had to have his own.

After we hung out at my parents for a while we went to the Rogers to give Joel his gift. All of us kids got him some after shave, new razor, and some church books. He didn't like one of them though and opted to return it - he thought it might put him to sleep (and that it was too expensive). It was the Joseph Smith Papers, the current #1 bestseller at Deseret Book.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It was fun to talk with you at Lagoon last week! You have the cutest family!!

Kellye said...

Now I know how your parents plan on keeping my dogs quiet. Just kidding.